Elizabeth DiBona, DMD
Elizabeth DiBona, DMD, is an Implant Diplomate, certified by the American Board of Oral Implantology. She has been surgically placing and restoring dental implants since 2008, and her practice, the DiBona Dental Group, has been placing dental implants since 1976.
Dr. DiBona received her bachelor's degree from Brown University, and her DMD from Boston University School of Dental Medicine, where she graduated magna cum laude. She completed an Advanced General Dentistry residency at BU. Boston University awarded Dr. DiBona with the Omicron Kappa Upsilon Award for the Honor Dental Society and the Horace Wells Award for outstanding dental anesthesiology.
Dr. DiBona's formal implantology training was through the New York University School of Dentistry, where she trained under Dr. Norman Cranin, who was considered a leader in implant dentistry.
As a third-generation dentist, Dr. DiBona inherited a gentle touch and sense of compassion, earning her praise from her patients. Dr. DiBona earned the following certifications:
-Diplomate of the American Board of Oral Implantologists
-Fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists
-Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry,
-Fellow of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- Invisalign® certified dentist
Dr. DiBona is married and has two young children. During her free time, she enjoys working out, pilates, skiing, and playing the violin. She loves reading fiction (local author John Irving is one of her favorites), and enjoying home-cooked meals with her family, especially Mexican night!
- New York University, NY, Implant Maxicourse, 2008-2009.
- Boston University Advanced Education in General Dentistry, Boston, MA, Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study, 2008.
- Boston University Goldman School of Dental Medicine, Boston, MA Doctor of Dental Medicine, 2007.
- Brown University, Providence, RI, Bachelor of Arts in Architectural Studies, 2002.
Positions in Professional Organizations
- Diplomate of the American Board of Oral Implantology
- Associate Fellow of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID)
- Fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI)
- Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry (FAGD)
Honors & Awards
- Magna Cum Laude, Boston University Dental School, 2007.
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Award, Honor Dental Society, Boston University Dental School, 2007.
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology Horace Wells Award for Outstanding Achievement in Dental Anesthesiology, Boston University Dental School, 2007.
Teaching Assistant: Occlusion, Boston University Dental School, 2006.
3 Month Externship, Boston Medical Center, 2006.
- New Hampshire Dental Society Denture Program for low-income patients, 2008-present.
- Give Kids a Smile, Boston University Dental School, Roxbury Boys and Girls Club, Roxbury MA, 2005.
- Smart Smiles Sealant program, Massachusetts Coalition for Oral Health, Roxbury, MA, 2006.
- Oral Cancer Screenings with the Dana Faber Cancer Prevention Program, Villa Victoria, Boston, MA, 2006.
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- Academy of General Dentistry
- New Hampshire State Dental Society